Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Life Gives Lessons

A few poems I wrote this summer.

6/12/11
TROUBLE
Show me a quick temper
I’ll show you a fool.
Ain’t no lesson you’ve ever learned in school.
Ain’t no lesson you’ve never learned in school.
Life comes from art,
And art bleeds life.
Help comes from hunger and hunger causes strife.

6/12/11
SHOWER
In the rain of the shower all the world is possible.
Molehills squashed mountains climbable.
Ideas pour from the spout and wash through me clean and doable with extra enthusiasm.
All the can do’s flush my tiredness and my negativity rush down the drain,
Making me whole and alive again.
Nozzle turned off, dreams of the day still bright,
Door opens, flashed with reality, everything moves back to just might.
I might clean the house, but what’s the use? I might write today, but why?
The might’s stick around like glue before it hardens, sticky and binding.
Yet with force I pull my foot out of the glop and pull my soul back into the shower.

8/23/11
BRILLANCE ON WINGS
Goodbye to the apples and oranges and me,
Goodbye to the things that laugh and things that sing.
Goodbye to the flower that just once was,
Goodbye to you and for me because,
            Truth lies within and leaves room to sleep,
            Not just within but deep.
            Deep to and through my heart,
            Diving deep, turning corners, awaiting something new to start.
While it waits it burrows in for the cold.
Twisting and turning up tales to be told.
Stories of past and of present times,
But none of the future, they have yet to unwind.
The truth in not merely one color, nor one tiny wing.
Once opened up, a butterfly is what I’ll make of the whole darn thing.
The truth will then soar with brilliance on wings,
Set free from the world and all of its bindings.

No comments:

Post a Comment